Monday, July 13, 2009

foodtube.net: Food Videos on the Tubes

Four days post-Turkey Day, and I still feel full--yet I couldn't help taking a gander at foodtube.net. It's exactly what it sounds like: a YouTube knock-off for foodies. Every uploaded video--most embedded from other video sharing sites, including YouTube--features food, glorious food.





Naturally, it's a got a social network component as well, so sharing your vid-captured recipes is a breeze, once you 'friend' some folks. Right now, however, there only appears to be about 62 members.

The proprietors have embedded all they can find, such as video reviews of restaurants--I'd recommend my colleagues in NYC visit Soto on Sixth Avenue, if they're into sushi, just based on the well-done review I watched. Multi-cultural meals and how to prepare them are a big selling point, in fact. Where else could a white-bread guy like myself go to find a video on creating the ice cream-esque Indian dessert called kulfi? The site's top page breaks down video searches by a food's ethnicity/origin as well as by type (vegetarian, BBQ, pizza, and cocktail--all the major food groups).

I'm off to watch someone show me what to do with leftover fowl that does not involve two piece of bread and mayonnaise.

Post by Eric Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment